Sunday 19 January 2014

Train dirty Eat clean

What I Eat 

Find healthy eating tips and ideas 





Hi guys, 

as promised I am writing this post about what I have been eating now that I am on this healthy path and drinking my Skinny Minnies Supplements (don't know know I am drinking check out my previous post on this company)

 Link to my post: http://mollyvkayli.blogspot.ie/2014/01/skinny-minnies-supplements-what-i-am.html
Their website: http://www.skinnyminniessupplements.co.uk/


My typical day 

On a typical day what I would eat. 
I start off my morning with a Skinny Minnie shake for example a Meal Time cappuccino flavour with 300ml of low fat milk. 


At times I will also have "breakfast" biscuits, there are a huge range to chose from in supermarkets. 

During the day, I am in college so I need something practical I can bring in a container. 
I usually bring a mixed salad or cold pasta. 

When I get home, I have something hot and cooked like pasta, chicken or fish with vegetables.  
I will give you so example further down in meal ideas. 

As snacks I like to have a smoothie, pieces of fruit, nuts or plain biscuits. 

I particularly like cashew nuts and walnuts to munch on during the day. 
I recently got the Smart Shaker posted the pic on my Instagram (@mollygabri10)

Which allows you to hold nuts and snacks to munch on, very handy. I use this for my water and lemon I drink during the day. 

Seen this in a health website online (Health.com) As I am still learning about nutritional facts. 

Best nuts for your diet

Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios

All nuts are about equal in terms of calories per ounce, and in moderation, are all healthy additions to any diet. "Their mix of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and fiber will help you feel full and suppress your appetite," says Judy Caplan, RD, a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.

The lowest-calorie nuts at 160 per ounce are almonds (23 nuts; 6 grams protein, 14 grams fat); cashews (16 to 18 nuts; 5 grams protein, 13 grams fat); and pistachios (49 nuts; 6 grams protein, 13 grams fat). Avoid nuts packaged or roasted in oil; instead, eat them raw or dry roasted, says Caplan. (Roasted nuts may have been heated in hydrogenated or omega-6 unhealthy fats, she adds, or to high temperatures that can destroy their nutrients.)


Walnuts

While all nuts contain heart-healthy omega-3 fats, walnuts (14 halves contain 185 calories, 18 grams fat, 4 grams protein) have high amounts of alpha linoleic acid (ALA). Research has suggested that ALA may help heart arrhythmias, and a 2006 Spanish study suggested that walnuts were as effective as olive oil at reducing inflammation and oxidation in the arteries after eating a fatty meal. The authors of this study, funded in part by the California Walnut Commission, recommended eating around eight walnuts a day to achieve similar benefits.





Meal Ideas 


Mixed Salad 


A salad can be plain with few ingredients or you can put various assortments. 

I like to put in iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, boiled eggs and chicken bits with low fat mayo. 

Could also put cucumber, peppers, onion, nuts/seeds, avocado. Whatever takes your fancy. 


Did you know?! 

Avocados
Why They're Healthy:
-- Rich in healthy, satisfying fats proven in one study to lower cholesterol by about 22 percent.
-- One has more than half the fiber and 40 percent of the folate you need daily, which may reduce your risk of heart disease.
Quick Tip:
Adding it to your salad can increase the absorption of key nutrients like beta-carotene by three to five times compared with salads without this superfood. (Fitnessmagazine.com) 


Tuna + Kidney beans 

Another "salad" I like making is with red onion, tuna in brine and kidney beans with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Very fresh and filling full or taste. 



Did you know?! Best superfood for Weight Loss 

Kidney beans

One of several varieties of beans to make the list, red beans offer protein and fiber (more than 5 grams per serving!). Kidney beans are also rich in Resistant Starch; a 1/2-cup serving packs nearly 2 grams of this slimming carb. (Health.com) 

Chicken Stir Fry 

Another dish I like cooking is a stir fry, can also do it without chicken and turn it vegetarian. 
I like to use noodles, carrots, chicken, scallion and a sauce, like sweet and sour. 
I find this disk is quick and easy to make. All I do is cut up chicken into cubs and cook that in a pan, add the veg and last the sauce and noodles. 

Fish 

Other dishes I like to make is with fish, such as prawns and haddock. 
A nice easy dish like prawn cocktail with cucumber and lettuce. 
I like to eat haddock with boiled rice and broccoli. 


Did you know?! 

Broccoli
Why It's Healthy:
-- One medium stalk of broccoli contains more than 100 percent of your daily vitamin K requirement and almost 200 percent of your recommended daily dose of vitamin C -- two essential bone-building nutrients.
-- The same serving also helps stave off numerous cancers.
Quick Tip:
Zap it! Preserve up to 90 percent of broccoli's vitamin C by microwaving. (Steaming or boiling holds on to just 66 percent of the nutrient.)
(Fitnessmagazine.com) 

What I drink with my meals


I am lucky enough that I do not like fizzy drinks and never drank them. My mam never gave it to me so I never acquired a taste for it. 
I just drink water, of course for a treat at times I like ice tea. 
I love putting slices of lemon in my water. Helps detox the body and give you healthy clean skin. 

Did you know?! 
Lemons
Why They're Healthy:
-- Just one lemon has more than 100 percent of your daily intake of vitamin C, which may help increase "good" HDL cholesterol levels and strengthen bones.
-- Citrus flavonoids found in lemons may help inhibit the growth of cancer cells and act as an anti-inflammatory.
Quick Tip:
Add a slice of lemon to your green tea. One study found that citrus increases your body's ability to absorb the antioxidants in the tea by about 80 percent.
(Fitnessmagazine.com) 

Smoothies 

Are great for people who do not like to eat pieces of fruit, and you get your 5 a day in easily. 


I do not follow recipes, I just put in what I fancy and blend ha ha. 

For example:

I blend 300ml of low fat milk or
            5 table spoons of low fat yogurt 

             1 banana 
             5-10 strawberries 
             3 ice cubs 

At times when I did not have my Skinny Minnie Meal Time I blend that in too. 

My favourite fruits and strawberries, banana, peach and raspberries. 

But you can mix absolutely anything. Here are some smoothie recipes I found online. 

From Glenisk.com 


Inner Goddess Smoothie (serves 8)


  • 3 handfuls of blueberries
  • 3 apples (cored and sliced)
  • 3 banana (peeled and chopped)
  • 450g Glenisk Organic Vanilla Yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons of ground flax seed
  • 3 tablespoons of spirulina

This beauty is packed full of antioxidants and fibre. The antioxidants found in blueberries help absorb waste products in the body and fight the nasty free radicals. Spirulina is a great immune system enhancer, perfectly complimenting the blueberries. The fibre from the fruit and the probiotics from the yogurt work together to promote digestive harmony.
Per serving: 122 Calories; 1.8g fat; 0.7g saturated fat; 2.5g fibre.


Fruity Fiesta (serves 8)


  • 150mls cranberry juice
  • 150g strawberries
  • 150g raspberries
  • 150g blueberries
  • 375g Glenisk Organic Low Fat Raspberry Yogurt
  • 150mls pure apple juice
Bursting with vitamin C, this pure and saintly smoothie is an ideal detox food and works very well as part of a weight management programme. Brimful of healthy ingredients like cranberries, it combines the benefits of antioxidants and fibre, further enhanced by the yogurt’s probiotics - great for a healthy gut. And despite being ultra healthy and wholesome, like all our smoothies, it tastes utterly delicious.
Per serving: 78 Calories, 0.8gram fat, 0.5g saturated fat


Banana Granola Delight (serves 8)


  • 6 medium bananas
  • 350g handful of granola
  • 3 tablespoons of honey
  • 500g Glenisk Organic Natural Yogurt
This is a super duper substitute for lunch on the run. The granola provides a slow release energy supply to keep the body going until dinner time while the bananas and honey are a delicious way to refuel. Meanwhile you get the added benefits of probiotic yogurt full of calcium. A winner all round.

Per serving: 294 calories, 10g fat, 2.4g saturated fat
Other veg I like to eat with my meals apart from broccoli, carrots ect is:
Spinach 

Spinach
Why It's Healthy:
-- Spinach contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two immune-boosting antioxidants important for eye health.
-- Recent research found that among cancer-fighting fruits and veggies, spinach is one of the most effective.
Quick Tip:
Spinach is a healthy -- and flavorless -- addition to any smoothie. You won't taste

it, we promise! Try blending 1 cup spinach, 1 cup grated carrots, 1 banana, 1 cup apple juice, and ice. (Fitnessmagazine.com)

Other "healthy" foods I like

Garlic 
My mam swears by it for some reason. I like it roasted in the oven with my potatoes.

Garlic
Why It's Healthy:
-- Garlic is a powerful disease fighter that can inhibit the growth of bacteria, including E. coli.
-- Allicin, a compound found in garlic, works as a potent anti-inflammatory and has been shown to help lower cholesterol and blood-pressure levels.
Quick Tip:
Crushed fresh garlic releases the most allicin. Just don't overcook; garlic exposed to high heat for more than 10 minutes loses important nutrients.(Fitnessmagazine.com) 


Remember 


Found this picture online, thought it might be useful. Remember the colourful your plate the better. 
Enjoy all the beautiful, wide selection of food available. 
Now that I have changed my eating habits, I have tried foods I would never of before and I love them. 
It's not about "going on a diet" and not eating anything. 
Food gives you energy. The thing for me was I was eating fatty foods like take out and a lot of junk like chocolate and crisps. 


Change starts with you, if you really want to be healthy and achieve the body of your dreams start now not tomorrow. 
My new motto is Train Dirty and Eat Clean, boy is it hard to eat clean ( ha ha cant lie) 

Hope this inspired you and gave you some useful tips. 

Till next time, love Kayli xox 



No comments:

Post a Comment